Sep 18, 2015

Rule of thirds in surviving this city life. A series.

The bargain for your life.
1. Carry light. Travel light. A baggage is heavier than you think. Choose three most important things and carry them with you. I forget this a lot. I forget how it is to fucking go light. I do not mean Go Light in Life but go light while commuting! I do not have the luxury of car but I can very well navigate this chaotic city with ease.

However, the very least I can do is to carry two heavy pouches of two kind of organic rice with me, or two laptops, or a box of eight pomelos while walking along Ayala Avenue! All of which (though on separate events) I once carried while transferring from one vehicle to another. This caused me every bit of inconvenience and it never fails to make me think what had I done to deserve this. I cannot afford to do those moments anymore unless they are in emergency or I may think twice even.

2. Moisturize. I am desperate for moisture in this city. I have developed a habit for it even if it means keeping a little oil in my face. I have also developed of consuming one moisturizer (or two) at a time before buying another one. I am looking for a better alternative. I am thinking Kiehl's.

3. Keep away from the maddening crowd. A good friend commented that since I am an aspiring 'sociologist', I cannot complain much whenever there are too many people around because sociologists love to observe and meeting people. Not all the time. Well, everytime I get to meet with my friends, I make it a point to meet them at 'basta huwag sa maingay at konti ang tao.' I always love talking to friends and the least thing we can do is yelling at each other for updates. I have developed in me of going into quite and not so rowdy places - museums, theatres, libraries, open parks. It rejuvenates just about everything in me. It prepares you before going blending again into the maddening crowd. There will always be 'pockets of zen' in this city and yes, I will try to explore all of them. As long as they are pretty accessible.

No comments:

Post a Comment