Sep 18, 2015

Reorientation


Kimmidoll Miho. Artistic. (From a growing personal collection).
I once thought why is it easy for some people to write something that is either critical, sad or frustrating when there is just too many good things to write about. I remember an interview with the great food writer Doreen Fernandez, who by the way influenced me a lot on the way I look on food. The interviewer asked her, why did she rarely or even none at all write any bad reviews about food? And Doreen replied, it is because there are so many good food to write about and she does not have the luxury of time to write about bad taste. 

Well, I can always choose good taste over bad taste despite the relativity of it. But what I am pointing out is when I am retracing some of my entries here in the blog, para naman na over na sa 'feels'. I am probably addressing this dilemma to myself! Oh well, I cannot blame myself. For one, I have been writing here 'in the moment' and this blog has always been personal and an effective ranting platform. Or else I would have exploded a long time ago. Puwede nga itong pang blackmail na sa akin. 

But goodness gracious, reading at some past entries, I feel I need to reorient the nature of this blog to something light, at least in most entries! Something which I can look back and smile. Something which can help remind me of good memories and thoughts. Because good memories and thoughts help inspire you more! And because there are so many good things around and I feel I have been overlooking them. And in due time or If I am old enough to retire, I will reminisce this blog which should be very different from the way I am quite reminiscing them now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment