May 14, 2022

Angat Buhay

We lost the chance of electing my preferred President. Hanggang ngayon, prinoprocess ko pa rin kung saan nagkamali. Marami factors. Unahin mo na ang malalim na disinformation and misinformation culture. This time I just I deny it. Yung botong nakuha almost the same lang as in 2016. Panghihinayang sa pagkakataon.  At first, I thought Filipinos are not worth fighting for.  As a student of society, I have always said 'trust the people's will'. Maybe this a test of conviction for me.

One of my recurring moods after the outcome is Retribution. Paano kaya ako makakaganti? Maybe I am in this anger phase. Hindi naman ako yung tipong sasaksak ng tao. Success is the sweetest revenge, as they say. I need to rechannel and convert these into positive and productive energies dahil lugi naman ako if I end up bitter. Who knows there will be bigger things in store? Yung tipong 'by the way, ito pala yung pinakawalan ninyo' moments. 

 An afterthought is I won't most likely patronize people whose causes are not aligned with my values anymore even if they come from my close friends.  I will be discriminating in this aspect. Do not worry, hindi naman ako consistent sa mga aspetong ganito lalo to those in need talaga kase mabait naman ako in general. Char.  

Strange enough, I have not cried pa or most likely hindi na. Because believe me, I cried so many times during the campaign period. Lalo na yung early part of the campaign, marinig ko lang ang Rosas, makita ko lang na nageembrace si VP Leni sa mga tao, ugly cry talaga ako. Nag down payment na ako ng luha. In the coming weeks, I am sure I will still be processing the loss. Medyo matagal ako sa mga ganitong aspeto. 

One of the major realizations is sobrang konti lang pala kami - yung naniniwala sa tapat na pamamahala. Yung naniniwala na ang tapat na pamamahala ay siyang magaangat sa lahat. Kaunti lang pala kami. And this is the product of many years' worth of information and disinformation. I think the main challenge is how to overturn this. Not late though but think of it as a cancer. It will require both individual and systemic efforts to treat this. And believe me, in the next six years, this is going to be the main challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment