Apr 2, 2022

The Precarity of It All

What do I do with Spring? Thank you Lord at hindi na malamig. Lakas lang din maka moment na hindi masyadong factor ang weather pag lumalabas ka. 

Well, time goes by so fast. Must admit the first quarter had share of bumps along the way. Lke makupad ang mga bagay bagay. Hopefully, this second quarter is a big leap for me. Lately, there have been just many distractions. The politics. The mental and emotional stress. The works. The prep work. The Covid. Speaking of covid, inuunti unti na kami sa opisina. I hope I won't get it before I go home this April. 

Spring Awakening 

Here I go again. I miss the excitement of work where everyone is just as committed. I cannot demand much from my colleagues. Unfortunately, we somehow work in silos. There is a thin line between having a sense of stability and a sense of stagnation. I believe I am a high maintenance worker but the funny thing is why do I stay long in an office. To think this has been only my fourth since I graduated. I just miss exciting and mutually reinforcing colleagues and working environment. I am still an idealist type. I cannot be an autopilot. 

I miss my 'intelligent' self. I still want to be a sociologist. How many times do I have to push the reset button. Ma'am Lau (RIP), will you give me a sign?  I remember you told me malawak ang kalawakan at lahat may kalalagyan. It means I just need to do it and everything will be alright. I miss our mentor meetings, the coffee and the abstract. 

Why do i say this? Yes, must say the workload has been overloaded and I am thinking the reality of it. I asked my boss for a raise last week. Masarap ang feeling that I asked. May mga keme pa ako na, 'if the management cannot work on it, let me know so i can reflect on it'. Surprisingly, I did not really feel anything rather than just being frank about it. Parang Single Ladies lang, 'cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it'

Spring Awakening

Just as I promise to avoid to not spend in the first months of the year, there went my root canal expenses, not just one but two root canals. So para akong nalugi na ewan. Couldn't help it. My teeth were aching. So yesterday, I took a day off and went to the dentist. Habang nageexplain si doktora, to my mind, 'hay naku, gasto na naman'. Which to me is a bit sad. 

And no, I do not have extra budget for these expenses. So buti na lang my request to raise my credit card limit was approved. Lesson learned: Brush your teeth :). And yes, you can only rely on yourself, arm yourself with the tools and faith, moreso if you are an independent single person like me. 

Why do i say this? Prior coming to the dentist, I was already feeling something in my teeth but then my limited expenses prevented me. I had asked my titas if they could loan me but they regretted due to other priorities. Until one tita suggested if I can request to raise my credit limit and that could help. It made me think of the bigger thing. Must say, umasa din ako but then if course i need to understand. 

Must say, oo nga pala, adult na ako. More challenging if you live abroad and most challenging in a non-English country. It's not wrong to ask for help pero more on - I have not been the type who seek help pero marami bang tutulong sa akin If I seek one :) 

This Spring

1. Gagastos ako ng gagastos - i manifest ko na lang ito, tutal, wala namang nangyayari sa akin sa kakatipid. At alam ko naman na hindi naman ako maluho. May I confuse ko na lang si Universe dahil sa totoo lang, I am all done with all the money bullshit. 

2. Spring cleaning. Best time to consolidate and declutter. Also includes spring cleaning of my room. Most importantly, spring cleaning with myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment