Aug 26, 2021

August 2021 ng buhay ko.


Good morning. Day off natin today. At medyo mapapadalas ang mga days off natin since inuubos ko na rin ang mga office leaves ko. I could have used them all spending time at home or going outside Korea but no thanks to covid-19. Let's just make the most out of it. My plan is after I get fully vaccinated, I will be more 'willing' to spend more time outside the city. 

Anyhow, update update muna tayo sa mga naipromesa natin last January 2021 at naisulat ko din dito sa blog.

  •  7-8 hours of quality sleep.  Hindi ako consistent dito at rare ko maachieve ito. On average, I only get five to six hours of sleep. A hard habit to break. Ewan ko ba. I have not had the discipline to do an evening routine. I still believe there is a lot of difference a seven to eight hours of quality sleep make. So push the wall lang tayo until we get there. On a positive note, my five to six hours of sleep is relatively manageable, peaceful, and consistent. 
  • 40% reduction screen time. Needs improvement. Can't help it. For one, I do not monitor so this is more from a subjective level. I would like to believe I am making progress but only small steps.  
  • 80% life debt reduction. Konting kembot na lang, I can write off a major 'techncially-not-my personal debt' debt. The frustration still lingers but I know I have to overcome it.  Do not get me wrong, hindi naman mawawalan ang mga life bayarin. After this debt, I will solely focus on paying for myself.
  • 40 acts of kindness. I keep a random list and I also get to slowly do it step by step. No rush but more on consistency lang muna tayo. For example, yung weekend bike ko around the city. But the issue is whether I write something about it.  More than the Instagram, parang I want a different platform which I can still share it at a more personal. 
  • 12 books. One thing is for sure -  I 'hoard' less this year than last year. I am currently reading Three Tigers, One Mountain by Michael Booth, which I bought early this year. The target to read one book per month is now far fetched. An average of one book per quarter is the current rate I am going. 
  • One (1) new blog. This project is again long overdue. I guess when I plan too much, it gets paralyzed. Gusto ko pa rin naman itong ipush. I have to start somewhere.
  • Five (5) published articles.  Writing is hard. I am losing track on this. We submitted a research work with my good friend and I hope it gets accepted, which means it gets published. But throughout the writing process, I realized scholarly writing is an altogether new territory for me. I appreciate the rigor but I still prefer journalistic, technical, and creative writing over research. 

Four months to go before 2021 ends. Gusto kong sabihin na No Pressure there. I think I just need to 'make choice each day and live an integrous life' as what Caroline Myss said. I so love her. I have been randomly listening/ waching her randomly in youtube for some time. She is killing me with her wisdom in my spiritual journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment