Jul 10, 2021

Manifest and Musings

It's Saturday. The weather has been humid kahit cloudy. July is for monsoon. It's wet, cloudy, and when it's cloudy parang ang init init pa din. Nasaan ang summer breeze? QWell, enough of this weather talk. So, what is up with me? 

1. My mind has been wandering. Like I have been thinking of doing staycation somewhere in the city. Na miss ko na rin yung feels na magcheck-in sa hotel. Like I want to organize my photos and print them out in a nice photo book. Like it's about time for me to ramp-up some skill set. I need to prioritize. I need to put some things in order. I like some sense of order, some structure to achieve something. But there is a thin line between order and imposing too much order on yourself. And plus the fact that I easily get distracted. There is always that struggle for me. 

2. They call it doomscrolling. Need to control this excessive use of my phone, social media. Few days back I realized na wtf, I have been really doomscrolling. Almost all my evenings had been devoted to just routinely wandering on youtube (from silent vlogs, whiteheads removal to Indopop to monarch butterflies migration! kamusta naman ang mga butterflies). I have also been lurking too much on social media without even posting anything. For one, it is really way of relaxing since during work time, to be fair, my phone gets a good rest time from me.  But on some lazy days and in between, I just notice my use of phone is becoming too much. Alam mo naman yung feeling di ba? 

3. Learning languages. I like learning languages. Nachachallenge ako. Para siyang math na walang exact na sagot. char. But learning language gives me some form of anxiety. Promise. But the thought that language learning activates your unused parts of your brain, reduces risks of dementia, and the fact that you like what you learn gives me a sense of accomplishment. It is actually a life skill.  

But learning language can be mentally draining. Learning Korean is hard. And it is a good thing for me that my goal for learning Korean is only for survival mode and I just repeat and practice the basics over and over again. Which means I cannot push myself that hard. I am currently reviewing Spanish since I want to take a diagnostic test this year to assess my level and continue my long overdue dream to become Penelope Cruz. It has been ages since I last learned Spanish. Bahasa Indonesia and Nihongo are two of my favorite curiosities.  Learning never ends. I still want to excel English since it is my language currency. To be fair. English can get you anywhere and being sophisticated in English is always a good factor. Filipino language, meanwhile, is closest to the heart.  

3.  There is a possibility that in the next few months, telework na naman ulit kami because of rising covid cases. Sa true lang, covid is here to stay. Patibayan na lang muna talaga. Third quarter pa kami magpapavaccine. And to think, the vaccine can only serve you for a certain time at magpapabakuna na naman ulit. Well, thank you China. Where the fuck  is covid justice? Wala talaga? Ganoon na lang sa mga namatayan? Walang compesation, apology? Sinong magbabayad. Eh di gobyerno. Triggerdt. 

4. I have four notebooks and I do not know what to write on them. It's almost like when you start writing on them, you really need to commit. Ayoko naman siyang sulatan lang nga mga random notes lang because they are not just ordinary notebooks. Maybe like some personal project notes. When I see them, I imagine they are luring at me. New notebooks, new projects?  

5. Have been checking out my major list (or my underlying reasons why am I here) and it's almost like saying, ok, time to go back to the drawing board again. My good friend is preparing for her Scandinavian life and before I know it, she may have received her visa. Sana man lang bago man lang siya umalis magkita kami. My sister's husband passed a major hurdle for his London work and before I know it, he may already have booked a one way ticket with my sister and my favorite nephew. 

Life. As we know it and as you make it. 'Sunod ka na,' Bing told me. Or 'Magasawa ka na lang ng Hapon. Japan has the easiest spouse visa, wala ng essay!", she also added. haha. Hmm, It just means that sooner than later, all my close friends and family members will be far apart. Because life is what we make it. 

6. This entry has been written in one day. I started early morning and am finishing this in the evening. In between, I had to study Korean, managed our zumba session with my Filipino community, caught up with my super friend Madz, clean, and random youtube. Hmm, yeah, that's how I update this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment