Jun 30, 2019

The Universe loves me.

Last week, news from Seoul reached me. It has not been good lately at our office. Too much micropolitics and to think they are only less than ten. Our two Korean directors - one, on a short-term engagement and one, my immediate boss - do not share their programs. It was only when my boss learned from her colleague outside our office that the other director is leaving this month by end of July.

Our senior officers have already resigned. We were left with two young officers and one director who is barely performing. Our colleague from Japan is meddling in the affairs. He told our highest boss on matters about my non performing director, only to be told the he has to talk to the director, with a forwarded email of our Japanese colleague. Things can get uglier, now we have a Korean and Japanese talking behind the backs. And yeah, historically, the two nations do not really like each other.

Have I stayed there until now, it will even get messier. The office can get so silent that you would hear someone tapping on keyboard. I thought my two years that I stayed there were the worst, but they turned out to be the best! We even had a team building, office parties, and countless dinners. The office desks were occupied. Uso din doon ang makikikain ka sa isang opisina kahit wala kang kakilala.

It dawns on me - this is the Universe telling me that I made the right decision all along. Upon hearing all of these, I can only look afar and sigh, resigned to the idea that when individual egos take over, the mission of the collective, the purpose of organization is being compromised.

Now, our activities will now depend on the three officers - stretching themselves too thin doing regional work, The officers already includes me. Again, my director is out of equation. I will not be surprised if the two officers will leave soon. I take comfort here in Manila and I can only sympathize.

It makes me think - why I have always been in a 'complicated office' and the funny thing, I thrive. When I say I thrive, it means I stay far longer than I expect. Well, this is not about me. I can only wish for it to resolve soon and be 'stable enough' just like when I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment