Jul 19, 2019

Flow

So what has been a regular day for me like? Since I left Seoul, I have been feeling like 'a nomad'. Sometimes, I feel like I have all the time in the world since my work is flexible. Other times, I miss the routine.

On a work week, I start my 'work' day at 9:00 am, by this time nakaligo na ako. I used to have an office space in the city hall. I could look forward to my desk, free coffee, sometimes free lunch!, with telephone, and I could look forward to printing of many documents in a day. I was sort of an outlier in a group from another office. My relationship with them was casual and civil. I liked the atmosphere. They were a positive bunch of people. 

But when I went to the office first week of July after an almost three week of field work, they were all gone, they vacated the space and transferred to another neighboring office space. I was never informed! Lol. Hindi naman sila obligated, to be fair. At some point it somehow sinked on me, well, this is the feeling of being a 'nomad'. Na reinforce lang ang feeling ko na pagiging lone ranger.  

Back to my current routine, so work from home until maconfirm ng city personnel kung saan na ako pupuwesto. I still wear office casual clothes kahit alam kong wala naman akong pupuntahan. So I can feel that I am working. When it could get boring, after lunch, I walked to the nearest coffeeshop with wifi for work. On the average, I can work for at least two hours in coffeeshop. 

Well, my day is done by as early as 3:00 pm. I am good to call it a day unless I have urgent skype meetings, that sometimes take place even at night. Pretty manageable.

But after my 'office hours', I must admit most of the time, it's 'end of thinking' capacity ko na. I'd rather meet up with friends, watch Netflix, or iba naman. Pag walang mayaya, I retreat to my apartment and just watch and play games. Way before, I would be still reading, studying, or even writing - only different stuff. I learned this in Seoul, pag biglang after work, nagshushut off na talaga  ako for work-related matters. Probably I learned the habit of it. Due to ageing, I would even imagine my body would say no. I learned the habit of setting the work aside. 

In a week's time, there are things in between - visit to the laundry, occassional cleaning, paying the bills, catching up with my family. Sometimes, when boredom takes over - major  - I would ask, Is this the Sukdulan of Life?! Lol.

Not exactly. 'Punuan mo ng textures', my sociology professor-mentor would advise us, the gayest advice I heard in a while. 'Kung isasalibro ang buhay mo, may bibili ba sa istorya mo?!'

To be fair, I don't think there should be a tall order from anyone and 'imposition' on anyone to do a 'yolo-ing'. Sabihin mo iyan sa mga walang budget. Sabihin mo yan sa mga walang trabaho, sa mga 'precariat'. Wala namang standards di ba?

As for me, it has always been a case of 'how'. - the Practice and the Consistency - because it will lead to textures. I do not have much energy anymore. I try to enjoy within my means. But a part of me is saying that I want to do more, to feel more, to be out there more. My goodness- this insatiability, dito ako sumasabit, pero dito rin naman ako nabuhay dati. 

Whatever happens, just flow.


No comments:

Post a Comment