Aug 21, 2013

Cleaning

I spent the whole afternoon cleaning up my desk in the office. I somehow felt productive knowing   needed to deliberately throw most unnecessary files. While doing all the stuff, I could not help but get sentimental, looking back at some of the milestones that I witnessed in this office. I have been here for some time now. Though I cannot ever be more grateful but there will always come a time that you also wonder what would it be like if you are in a different place or in other words, in a different office.

Suddenly, there is some kind of reflex that tells you everything is just okay. I cannot agree more. This office gives me all the necessary flexibility that I need. Its high dynamism though can be both fulfilling and frustrating. But at the end of the day, I get to think, Did I contribute something? Will it make any effect at all? Do I get to look forward to it soon?

As I skimmed pages and pages, I felt they were all in the distant past and there is this sense of 'wonder' what happened to all these activities already. Was there even follow through? Suddenly, I think of bigger things. Remind me that I work in a 'public' office and all of these public issues never really run out. And they come and go and come again. I come and go and come again. There is this precious fluid talent that the whole system has already invoked upon me. This sometimes comes along unpredictability, risks, excitement, rigor, frustration, generalist, and the kind of mess that others may not wish for.

I learn to live by each day and at the end of the day, I still get to think, Did I contribute something? Will it make any effect at all? Do I get to look forward to it soon? That depends but I am sure I can still say Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment